Welcome, welcome, one and all to Murder of Crows. This is your potential future guild mates and friends speaking. If you are thinking of joining us in our war against the Legion please read the following before submitting an application to see if we are the kind of nest you are looking for.
So, what's it all about?
As we hunt Guldan and his foul demonic cohorts across the broken isles Murder of Crows are planning to attack in full force and be a competitive entity on our server. There are some solid foundations and core beliefs we are trying to take forward with our raiding in Legion so we can achieve the best possible results in the time we have while still having a laugh and blaming mages and hunters for pretty much everything. These are detailed below:
• As a group of friends, many of whom have raided together for years and some who are new to the Murder we aim to keep a mature and fun atmosphere in raids while pushing progression as best as we can - we don't all live in the same place, most of us have not met face to face, but if you join the crows you will make friends with a shared passion and a great community to be apart of.
• PVE raiding - we are not an "Every night, All night" raiding guild, we have set times, based around a mainly adult guild with family/work and other annoying real life commitments. Currently our raid nights going into legion will be Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday between 20:00 and 23:00 hours server time. We expect raiders to attend at least the Tuesday and Sunday raids (our main progression nights) with Thursday being there for farm or heroic content.
• Taking preparation seriously - After having a great time in Hell Fire Citadel we really want to get the most out of each moment in raiding during legion. With this in mind we will be expecting all of our raiders to arrive prepared for raids! This will include level appropriate gear, all enchants, gems, consumables etc. associated with your character and to have watched or read the tactics guides for bosses posted in our forums.
• Some members play more, some play less, but the focus is on progression through PVE content. PVP activity is present sometimes, but if you are looking for a solely PVP focussed guild, you are on the wrong website.
• Having fun!
• Talking to each other (utter nonsense in guild chat is encouraged).
• Breaking the barriers that are put on a "non-hardcore" guild.
We are not about:
• Free loot/Gearing up alts
• A free ride
• "Is this [crap item] better than this [crap item]?"
• Rick Astley
• Cactus-up-your-ass progression
What are the people like?
The people are more than likely.......like you if you are reading this. Friendly, approachable, non elitist. People out to have fun. Some are old, some are young, some girls(at least we used to have some), some boys, some are sane, some insane. We are part of the too-many-million strong community that plays this game. We're WoW players (read addicts).
*The following caveats apply:
Our tanks are: Surly, aggressive, sure of themselves, monosyllabic
Our healers are: Paranoid, twitchy, unsure of themselves, complaining about something called mana
Our DPS are: DRUNK, STONED, UNCOORDINATED, RANDOM, SEXY
OK, suppose all that sounds great so far, what about loot?
Over the years we have tried various raid loot systems and they all tend to have their own pros and cons as well as being fairly management heavy for those running them.
We use the RCLootCouncil addon for people to show there interest in loot and then the loot is distributed to the player it is BIS for first so that the raid is geared in a constructive way for players to get the max out of their character. If there are multiple people an item is BiS for and no clear major upgrade to one person then it will come down to a roll between those players.
The addon can be found via Curse here: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/rclootcouncil
We expect our raiders to be mature when it comes to loot and think of the big picture in terms of progression.
When it comes to vanity items (pets/mounts) we do a group wide roll and aim to try and get the item for all interested if we can. If people are not interested in these items we ask them to pass so those who are have a greater chance to recieve them.
What's the crack with the guild bank?
We have 8 tabs on our guild bank
When items are withdrawn, a fair amount must be paid into the bank. Ninja's are not very popular.
If you are not sure what a fair amount would be or if your rank doesn't let you take the wanted item, ask an officer.
Who are the Management of the guild?
Guild Master = Veroxa
Other ranks are:
• Officer Alts: DUH
• Raider: Those who always try and be top in their class. Raiders who regularly attend raids, post in the forums, let us know when they cannot attend, and are just all round solid raiders.
• Social: Nice people, people not in Mythic progress team cause of XP, Gear, Skill or focus.
• Alt: DUH again
• Trials: Trials last for approximately 2-4 weeks before you either make the grade and become a raider or if not you will be offered a social spot which you are more than welcome to keep or use while you search for another guild.
Currently our raid nights going into legion will be Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday between 20:00 and 23:00 hours server time. We expect raiders to attend at least the Tuesday and Sunday raids (our main progression nights) with Thursday being there for farm or heroic/normal content.
You are required to log on and be ready 15minutes prior to this time.
We also run alt/social runs on Fridays between 20:00 and 23:00 hours server time.normal/Old The raid we do depends on the group we have.
What does MoC expect of me?
• Read this charter before you apply and make a comment about THE COLOUR PURPLE in your application so we can see you actually took the time to read this stuff.
• A progressive attitude
• An ability to wipe without complaint
• Attending at least 2 main raids per week
• A sense of humour
• A love of Heavy Metal \m/ (insert whichever music taste you like here )
• If you like what you see, put in an application. Good applications will be considered even on closed classes.
Look forward to seeing you online
Murder of Crows